How many people can travel and how much is it?
The Explorer ticket offers a day's unlimited travel on the Hertfordshire bus network* for groups of up to 4 people for £14.00. A £8.50 ticket is available for one person along with a concessionary Explorer ticket, priced at £4.25. A weekly Explorer ticket is also available.
Weekly Explorer Ticket
A weekly version of the Explorer ticket is now available. The cost is £32 a week or £21 for a student with a Hertfordshire SaverCard. Tickets will be available for on-bus purchase only. The same terms and conditions as a daily Explorer apply.
Where & When Can I Purchase My Explorer Ticket?
You can buy your Explorer ticket on the first bus you travel on at any time of day. Most buses will have a sticker in the window to show that Explorer is issued and accepted on the bus, however, if you are unsure please ask the driver.
*Subject to operator acceptance (please check on service timetable).
Explorer tickets are available on:
- bus services provided by Intalink Partnership operators within Hertfordshire and to certain points beyond
- bus services provided under contract to Hertfordshire County Council within Hertfordshire and to certain points beyond
- certain bus services provided under contract to Essex County Council
- Please check the operator contact details page to see which operators accept the ticket.
Explorer is not valid for travel on:
- Green Line 724 between Maple Cross and Heathrow Airport
- night bus services
- London local services operated under contract to Transport for London
- services provided primarily for school children or students
- services operating to and from, or via Central London (including Green Line 797 between Hitchin and London)