Hertfordshire welcomes the National Bus Strategy 2021
1 month ago
This week the Department for Transport published the long-term national bus strategy for England outside London Bus Back Better, which outlines how they intend on building back better and recovering from the pandemic.
The strategy focuses on the need for partnerships in order to achieve this and references Hertfordshire County Council’s Intalink Enhanced Partnership as a case study highlighting the partnership’s objectives;
- Prioritising bus and coach services in traffic
- Improving the image of bus travel
- Upgrading bus infrastructure
- Closer integration of the bus network
- Smarter use of data and information
These objectives aim to keep passengers informed about available services, increase service frequencies and improve reliability and co-ordination with other modes to encourage residents to make bus their first choice to get around their local area.